Our Wine Philosophy
1. We believe in terroir; the right varietal, in the right soil, in the right climate.
Get these three right … and you can make exceptional wines!
2. We believe in value; you don’t have to spend $50+ for a great bottle of wine.
That is why you will always find great wines at $12, $15, and $20 at FortyEight!
3. We believe that exceptional wines are produced all over the world;
not just in Bordeaux or California.
Here you will find wine from Chile, New Zealand, South Africa, Austria, and more!
4. We believe that new world wines are exceptional;
as good as, if not better, than old world wines.
California, Washington, and Oregon – Australia and Argentina as well.
5. We love all varietals; not just Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet.
We love Petite Syrah, Grenache, Tempranillo – and many more lesser known grapes.
6. We believe that everyone can and should have a wonderful wine experience.
You don’t have to know a lot about wines – just as long as you know what you like!
7. We believe that wine should be accompanied by food;
a great wedge of cheese or some charcuterie.
Wine and food were meant to go together – pair some food with your wine!
8. We believe that wine should be served at the proper temperature;
45*-50* for whites and 55*-60* for reds.
Our WineStations do that for us here at FortyEight.
9. We also love beer, bourbon, scotch, and vodka;
not everyone has to drink wine all the time.
That is why we feature 48 local craft beers here – and also own a great spirits store next door!
10. We believe wine should be fun; and should be enjoyed with friends, old and new.
Wine is always better with friends!
In the Center of Freshfields Village
... at the Crossroads of Kiawah and Seabrook Islands!
48 Wines by the Glass
for a New Wine Tasting Adventure Every Day ...
and 48 Craft Beers